Supporting Southlake Regional Health Centre
Cardinal Golf Club together with The Edge Benefits host an annual fundraising golf tournament in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre. The tournament, now is in it’s 10th year! To date we have raised over ½ million dollars! To date we have raised 1/2 million dollars for various departments and equipment in the hospital including:
- $25,000 for Southlake’s Regional Cancer Program
- $68,000 went to the Maternal Child Program for the purchase of infant care systems
- $73,000 for two much-needed cardiac bedside monitors for the Emergency Department
- $66,700 for the Interventional Radiology Suite
- $60,000 to the fight against Prostate Cancer
- $106,000 (over two years) to building a room in Southlake’s new Residential Hospice (61,000 + 45,000)
- $45,000 towards Mental Health
- $58,000 towards Mental Health
For a total donation to Southlake $500,700
We are continuing with this initiative again on Friday, June 1st, 2018. We hope we can count on you for support in raising funds for an outstanding hospital in our community.
- Do you know how much we have raised in total including last year’s event? $58,000.00
- What was the total for last year’s event and and did it go to the renovations in the emergency department? The proceeds last year went to our 2 year initiative to mental health
- Do you know what the proceeds will be going to this year? TBD
Through the York Region Character initiative we have committed ourselves to creating a work environment which fosters and demonstrates good character through our daily dialogue, discussions, actions, and interaction with employees, clients, customers, suppliers, service providers, and anyone else with whom we conduct business.
Have you witnessed a Cardinal staff member working with character? Nominate them for recognition! Simply forward the staff member’s name (if you know it) and an example of how they’ve shown positive character.