There’s a new game in town! Cardinal Golf Club welcomed FootGolf to its Kettle Creek course in 2015. Recognized as an accredited course by the CFGA (Canadian FootGolf Association), Cardinal is one of 20 golf clubs in Ontario offering a track for the game. There are currently 37 courses across Canada and rising.
What is FootGolf?
FootGolf emerged onto the scene in the last 10 years and is played in over 30 countries worldwide. It combines the skill of soccer with rules of golf. FootGolf is played with a regulation #5 soccer ball which is kicked from the tee blocks with a goal of reaching the hole in the fewest strokes possible. The hole is 21″ in diameter which is located off to the left or right side of the regular golf green. Kettle Creek 18 hole FootGolf Course is spread over 80 acres of land with various hole ranging from 90 to 225 yards.
- Up to 5 players per group
- Bring your own soccer ball or rent one
- Adults use a standard #5 soccer ball (Kids can use a standard #4 soccer ball)
- Dress Code: Golf apparel with a twist – Collared shirt, Golf pant or shorts, Knee-high Argyle socks (optional), Indoor or turf soccer shoes (No cleats)
Become an official member of the Canadian FootGolf Association by visiting www.footgolf.ca
2017 - Kettle Creek
Weekends & Holidays
Soccer Ball Rental
|18 Hole Rate||$25||$25||$5|
|9 Hole Rate||$19||$19||$3|
|Senior / Junior Rate||$16||$16|
All prices quoted are per person and are subject to HST. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Co-ed Thursday Night FootGolf League
- Registration fee – $20 (tax included)
- Weekly Green Fee – $10 (+HST)
- Cart Fee (optional) – $8 (+HST)
- Weekly tee off time – Thursday nights any time after 6pm
This league is played weekly on our executive course Kettle Creek Course. League members are not required to book their tee times. The tee sheet will be blocked off and the league members will play on a “Show & Go” basis. It is an 18-hole league. The Pro Shop will keep track of weekly scores and award weekly, monthly and yearly prizes.
Opening night: Thursday, May 4th
Closing Tournament with Banquet: Thursday, August 24th
FootGolf Rules & Etiquette
There are 10 Basic Rules to FootGolf:
- Wear golf apparel all the time.
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the scorecard and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before the kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. (It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind).
- Kick off your ball from a position up to two meters behind the round markers (tee markers). The order is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will be the first to kick off on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- Play the ball from where it lies: It’s not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other players kick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within two steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the water, receiving one penalty point, or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive one penalty point.
- Only on the greens may the balls be picked up to be cleaned or replaced. Regardless of the distance from the hole, the hole must be completed. “Giving” to the opponent is not allowed.
The Rules of FootGolf
FootGolf – Two Sports Into One!
HOST A FOOTGOLF TOURNAMENT!
Consider hosting a FootGolf Tournament at Kettle Creek for your next Corporate Event or Fundraiser. Request a quote below or contact Tournament Coordinator, Jason McNally: firstname.lastname@example.org | 905.841.7378 ext.243.