Thank you for your interest in Cardinal Golf Club. If you have ever wanted to work at a facility that prides itself on providing both a professional and friendly atmosphere along with outstanding customer service, Cardinal Golf Club is the place for you. Cardinal Golf Club is one of the largest and busiest golf facilities in Canada and we have earned a reputation as a leader in the golf industry.
Our reputation has also been furthered in our partnership with York Region and its Character Community initiative. Through the York Region Character initiative, we have committed ourselves to creating a work environment which fosters and demonstrates good character through our daily dialogue, discussions, actions and interaction with employees, clients, customers, suppliers, service providers and anyone else with whom we conduct business. From our everyday operations to our staff character recognition program it is obvious that we value our staff and their invaluable contributions.
During a typical year at Cardinal Golf Club, we will employ between 150 and 200 people. While we do employ several people on a full time permanent basis, most of our positions are available on a full time or part time seasonal basis. We employ individuals in our Food Services Department, our Golf Services Department and our Course Maintenance Department. To figure out which job suits you best, take a look at the different departments and job descriptions.
Now Hiring for the following positions:
- Line/Banquet Cook
- Bistro/Event Servers
- Grill Service & Cooking Staff
- Event Supervisor
- Course Maintenance ( full time seasonal )
- Full-time Summer Course Maintenance
- Volunteer Player Assistants (Starters/Marshals) and Shuttle Drivers
Stay active outdoors as a volunteer with golf services while enjoying the social benefits along with flexible hours, great golf privileges on all four courses and golf league for volunteers. Also, receive a number of special privileges including discounts on food, beverage, pro shop merchandise and some guest allowances.
- Back Shop & Tournament Set-up
- EVENT SERVERS
Paying great attention to detail, you will serve our guests in our banquets facility during golf tournaments, weddings and social events in a friendly and efficient manner. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays. You must be at least 18 years of age. Year round positions available as well.
- EVENT SUPERVISOR
Your main focus will be to effectively execute the Banquets the day of the event. You will be a mentor to staff, and also communicate and deal closely with the event convenors. You will pay great attention to detail in all aspects of this position. You must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Previous supervisory experience in the Food and Beverage Industry is a great asset.
- SET-UP STAFF
Working with the Food and Beverage department you will be responsible for the efficient and accurate set up of the various banquet facilities. This position requires physical work including heavy lifting. You must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Seasonal and year round positions available.
- GRILL SERVICE & COOKING STAFF
Great customer service will be your focus working in the Grill. You will be in charge of serving our golfers before, in between and after their round. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure. Previous experience in food handling, knowledge of cash, stock and inventory is required. You must be available for all shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Dishwashing experience required. Seasonal and year round positions are available. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Must be at least 14 years of age and have a SIN card.
- EVENT/BANQUET COOK
Experience with banquets and buffets preferred. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be available evenings, weekends and holidays.
- BISTRO SERVERS
A la carte restaurant experience required. You will serve in the restaurant as well as golf tournaments and private events. You must be available for all shifts including breakfast, lunch and dinner. You must be able to work weekends and holidays. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- EVENT BARTENDERS
Bartending/Mixology experience required. You must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays. You must be at least 18 years of age. No Positions Currently Available.
- LINE COOKS
A la carte cooking experience required. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and available for all shifts including breakfast, lunch and dinner. You must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- BISTRO SOUS CHEF
Minimum 3 years experience as a sous chef, fast paced and bistro dining, kitchen management, purchasing and inventory management required, Must have passion for food and creativity and outstanding leadership abilities.
- FULL-TIME SEASONAL COURSE MAINTENANCE
These positions are available from approximately April 1 to November 1 and include weekend work. Applicants must have their own transportation and be available for early morning shifts starting as early as 6:00am. Positions available include the following: – Irrigation / Spray Technician – Course setup and Maintenance – Tee & Green Cutters
- FULL-TIME SUMMER COURSE MAINTENANCE
These positions are available from approximately May 1 to September 5 and include weekend work. Applicants must have their own transportation and be available for early morning shifts starting as early as 5:30 am. Shifts typically run from 6am to 11am, 7 days a week with occasional overtime available. Positions available include the following: – Rough and Fairway Cutters – Bunker Maintenance – Gardening Staff – Tee & Green Cutter
- PGA OF CANADA GOLF PROFESSIONAL – Must be in good standing with PGA of Canada – 1 – 4 TCCP Training in order to teach – Self Motivator and strong organizational skills – Strong Computer Skills – Time management – Attend to customer needs as they pertain to retail and golf. – Merchandising of the pro shop – Assist with tournament set up and scoring. – Answer phone call inquiries in a professional and knowledgeable manner – Ability to adapt and multi task in a fast pace environment
- PROFESSIONAL PRO SHOP ATTENDANT – Attend to customer needs as they pertain to retail and golf. – Merchandise the pro shop – Assist with tournament set up and scoring. – Answer phone inquiries in a professional and knowledgeable manner. – Act as a liaison with Player assistants and Starters. – Collect and properly organize data from league play. – Assist the Director of Golf and Associate with assigned tasks. – Ability to adapt and multi task in a fast pace environment
- BACK SHOP & TOURNAMENT SET-UP – Responsible for greeting customers at the bag drop area and providing direction as well as assisting them with their golf bags. – High levels of customer service – Manage a power cart fleet of approximately 210 carts – Responsible for loading golf bags on to carts for customers when required. – Knowledge of power cart GPS is an asset – Responsible for washing, cleaning and driving and parking power carts – Tournament set up – Ability to adapt and multi task in a fast pace environment
- CALL CENTRE/RECEPTION – Must be Able to work in a fast pass environment, while maintaining a high level of customer service while greeting them over the phone or in person. Main duties include handling majority of inbound calls – Booking tee time reservations for multiple golf courses – Having a good understanding of programs and promotions – Being able to troubleshoot problems as well as handle boisterous customers in a tactful manner – Understanding of golf course operation, proficient with computers and telephone switchboards is an asset but not mandatory.
- DRIVING RANGE ATTENDANT – Assist customers with purchase of driving range balls and mini putt access – Handling Cash and providing accurate counts – Pick up golf balls using a range tractor – Transfer and washing of all range balls – Maintaining high levels of cleanliness for range hut, mini putt, parking lot, hitting decks and Cardinal Golf Academy – Daily Range set up and take down – Tournament, Junior Camp and Academy Set up – Operation of motorized power golf cart – Consistency in opening and closing which is outlined in policy and procedure manual.
- GOLF COURSE STARTER (Volunteer) – Responsible for greeting customers at the bag drop area and providing direction as well as assisting them with their golf bags. Responsible for running the first tee on time while recording accurate cart allocation, time tracking and payment. – Deliver the Starters Message – Ability to adapt and multi task in a fast pace environment – Strong communication skills with all departments – Enforce Ontario Liquor Laws regarding outside alcohol. – Monitor pace of play – Tournament set up – Organization of leagues – Responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy work area
- GOLF COURSE PLAYER ASSISTANT (Volunteer) – Course Marshals are responsible for maintaining pace of play on assigned golf course and use the tracking sheets provided by Cardinal Golf Club to monitor and record players progress during their rounds.. They assist guests when needed, enforcing rules and regulations , enforce Ontario Liquor Laws regarding outside alcohol and ensure that guests are conducting themselves in a safe and courteous manner. Various daily tasks include Tournament set up and organization, course set up, keeping the courses clean and tidy and transporting items between various golf courses.
Please complete the application for employment and submit it along with your resume. Only applicants who are being considered for a position will be contacted.